This section feature plastic cards like Credit Cards, Membership cards and Gift cards.
Star Trek Credit Cards
In the US and overseas, several companies have offered Trek fans the opportunity to own a Star Trek credit card. In the US,
- MBNA has a special Star Trek MasterCard. The ST MasterCard has added bonuses for ST fans like Fan Club memberships. Several different images from TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise have been used These cards are standard trading card sized with rounded corners and covered a span of several years up to the present. Eventually. Bank of America took over for MBNA.
- Associate’s National Bank produced a ST “The Enterprise” card in 1988.
- Fleet Bank produced two Nemesis credit/gift cards. These credit cards have a value attached to them and can be renewed if the person wants to continue using them.
Columbia House Membership Cards
- Columbia House releases several plastic cards from 1991 and on. The cards are standard sized, but with rounded corners. These cards are the ones members got in the mail with a promotion to join their video club. The cards have the members name and club number on them.
- Antioch Wallet Cards Antioch put out a series of ‘wallet cards’ from 1992 through 1996. These cards covered all 4 series and were passes of a sort implying the holder had bridge access or was a Science officer, that sort of thing. The front had either an image of a crew member, ship or logo and the back had various text and facts.The cards were found at bookstores mainly alongside bookmarks. They are standard trading cards with rounded corners.
UK Fidelity Cards produced 18 TOS and TNG cards in 1995. Standard trading card sized with rounded corners. Backs contain a blank area for a signature.
Room Key Cards
- Mayfair Games Gen Con Cards. Produced in 2013.
2 1/8 by 3 1/2.
- Las Vegas Hilton has a few room key cards. The white card is the size of a credit card, and plastic and likely was used as a ticket for the opening night of the Experience.
- Planet Hollywood Room Key Card. Released in 2009. Measures 2×3 1/3.
- Bally’s Room Key Card. Released in 2009 and measures 1 3/4 x 3 1/2.
- Paris Room Key Card. Released in 2009 and measures 1 3/4 x 3 1/2.
- ITunes Gift Card is for making purchases in the Apple Store. It is standard trading card sized with rounded corners.
- Future Ship gift cards came in both French and English versions, released in 2004. The French versions were offered in Canadian stores. The English version was originally found in DVD’s, but was also sold as sets in stores and online. They are standard trading card sized with rounded corners.
- Hoyt’s Movie Theater gift card for tickets or snacks. Released in 2009 and measures 2 1/4 x 3 1/2.
- Family Video released this card as part of a promotion for the Trek Movie DVD in 2009. Measures 2 1/8 by 3 3/8.
- AMC released a Set of 4 shiny metallic gift cards released at AMC theaters in 2009. They measure 2 x 3 1/4. Also available with a cardboard frame.
- Regal Theaters 2013 Gift card for use at the movie theater. Card has a reflective foil coating and doesn’t scan well. Measures 2 1/4 x 3 1/2.
- Cineplexe Theatre Chain 2013 gift card for snacks and drink at self-service Kiosks. Measures 2 1/4 x 3 1/2.
Miscellaneous Plastic Cards
- Internet plc Comapny released Nemesis Smartflash Cards in 2002. Smartflash is a new technology-a credit card shaped card with a computer chip that can be read with a special reader. In theory, these cards can be taken to shows and special content can be added. Of course it’s possible, a true collector won’t want to spoil the mint condition of a card by sliding it in and out of a reader. Standard trading card sized, with rounded corners.
- Voyager DVD Discount card. Produced by vanLeest in 2004 and released in the Netherlands. It offered a discount on Voyager DVD’s. Standard sized with rounded corners.
- In 1996, CTN Interactive offered Sort of a phone card and membership card/ Offers discounts on certain Trek merchandise and used to call a 1-800 number for Trek information. It is standard trading card sized with rounded corners.
- The CIC Latnium Card was sent to members of the UK CIC video club to be used to purchase ST memorabilia in their Catalog. Released in 1997. It is standard trading card sized.