Star Trek 40th Anniversary Card Set
|TV Guide-17 (US)||1:20||Villains-9 (UK)||1:40|
|Number One-6||1:40||In Motion-5||1:240|
|Costume Cards-40||1:20||Autograph Costume Cards-5||1:240|
In honor of Star Trek’s 40 years, Rittenhouse Archives released their tribute card set. The 90-card base set centered around each of the captains was touted as being the first set to feature all five captains in one set.There is one checklist card, and it seems to be seeded about one per box. There were US boxes and international boxes with one different insert set.
- 40 different costume cards from all 5 series and even the movies. But, 40 different costumes doesn’t tell the true tale. Many of the costumes have multiple variations. Be sure and visit the checklist section to see the full list of known variants. Regarding the costume cards, Rittenhouse had this to say:” As we have stated previously, costume cards featuring material of the bridge crew from the original series did not come from show-worn costumes. The material used came directly from the studio and was discovered a few years back. This material was in the process of being made into costumes when the show was cancelled. You can currently find similar items like those provided to us at the upcoming Christies auction. The other original series costumes from guest stars and Spock’s cape as seen in the Star Trek 40th Anniversary set were from actual screen used costumes that we purchased at auction a number of years back”.
- Several artists drew Arti-fex portrait cards for this set. Each artist drew the main cast members for each of the 5 shows.An Arti-fex card differs from a sketchcard in that the artwork is reproduced off an original sketch.
- The TV Guide series of cards continues in this set and were found in US cases of product.
- An Arti-fex Villains set, drawn by Warren Martineck was found in the UK cases.
- The Number One Cards feature a die-cut style card, one for each of the 6 second-in-commands, found one per box.
- Each of the 5 Captains is featured on a lenticular/motion card, found about 2 a case.
Each box also included a beautiful 5×7 art card, on canvas stock, featuring the crew of each series and their ships. The cards came wrapped in plastic and the front is covered by a blank sheet of cardboard, so they have to be opened to enjoy.
- The set also included 5 autograph costume cards. The Jeri Ryan autographed costume card was done up in a different format than the other four and is hand-numbered to 500.
- P1-Kirk-General DistributionP2-Picard-NSU exclusive-Apr/May ’06 Issue Volume 17 #2.
- CP-Archer-Convention promo
- UK-Janeway-UK exclusive
- The Case Topper Cards featured a 3-card 5×7 In Memoriam card of James Doohan. These cards are done up in the style of the DeForest Kelley Memoriam set found in the 1999 TOS in Motion Card Set. The cards are individually hand numbered x/300.
- The two-case incentive card for this set was the DC1, a dual costume card of Picard and Kirk.
- The 6-case incentive is an autograph card of Patrick Stewart in the Legends format. Archive boxes-Marked and unmarked, unknown quantity. Archive boxes included base cards, insert cards and case topper. Did NOT include the set of 5 auto/costume cards.
Randomly inserted into some boxes were the 3 and 6-case incentive. They can be found at the bottom of the box.
- Binder-with an exclusive promo card and Neelix costume card. The binder also comes with 9-card pages and a few 2-card pocket pages.
- There are three costume cards included in the Rittenhouse Wrapper Rewards program. They include two Picard image variation costume cards (one red, one grey) and one 7 of 9 image variant costume card.
- Sell Sheet
Forty years ago the U.S.S Enterprise began it’s five year mission under the command of Captain James T. Kirk, and the face of science fiction television was forever changed. Five TV series and 10 films later, Star Trek celebrates it’s 40th birthday, and Rittenhouse Archives will mark this spectacular occasion with Star Trek: 40th Anniversary Trading Cards. Like the TV shows this set honors, this series will be the ground-breaking as it will be the first trading card set to feature all five TV shows and all five captains in one collection!
Each box of this set will feature 2 Costume Cards with 40 costume cards found in the packs to celebrate the 40th Anniversary. Costumes cards in this series will feature costumes worn by many of the shows’ stars and memorable guest stars including:
• Lt. Sulu
• Ezri Dax
• Deanna Troi
• Doctor Phlox
• Gul Danar
• Mea 3
|• Captain Jonathan Archer
• Chief Miles O’Brien
• Captain Jean-Luc Picard
• Captain Benjamin Sisko
• Ensign Chekov
• Major Kira Nerys
• Commissioner Bele
• Commander Dolim
• Tal Shiar
• Lenore Karidan
• Founder Leader
• DaiMon Goss
• Commander Charles Tucker
• Seven of Nine
• Major Hayes
• Captain Solok
Collectors should also be on the look-out for five autographed costume cards featuring signatures from William Shatner (Captain Kirk), Brent Spiner (Lt. Commander Data), Avery Brooks (Captain Sisko), Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) and Scott Bakula (Captain Archer).
Rounding out the chase cards are several exciting sets including :
ArtiFEX™ Bridge Crew (1:13) – A 43-card set featuring all new original artwork of the series cast of the five shows from artists John Czop, Sean Pence, Douglas Shuler, Geoff Isherwood and Cynthia Cummens.
Star Trek TV Guide Covers (1:20) – The continuing series of TV Guide Covers featuring the crews of Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. This set is exclusive to the US cases.
ArtiFEX™ Villains (1:40) – A 9-card set featuring all new original artwork by Warren Martineck of the various nemeses from all five shows.
Number One (1:40) – A six-card set dedicated to the First Officers.
Family (Box Topper) – Five 5×7 cards printed on canvas stock inserted one per box featuring the crew of each show.
For every two cases purchased of Star Trek 40th Anniversary Trading Cards you will receive an Exclusive Dual Costume Card of Captain Kirk and Captain Picard. For every six cases purchased you will receive an exclusive Star Trek Legends Card Signed by Patrick Stewart!
Fans and collectors will also be able to store their collection in a custom designed collector’s album which contains an exclusive costume card of Neelix and an exclusive Captain Sisko promo card.