Star Trek Topps International 1976 card set
Release Date: 1976
3 cards per pack-NZ
Much of production info unknown
Spawned off the US set were sets issued by Topps in the New Zealand, Australia and Canada. The Scanlens set is a 72 card set with no stickers from Australia, a similar UK set was produced by Allens & Regina. O Pee Chee distributed Topps product in Canada. The info below should assist collectors in keeping track of all the differences.
US Topps 76
- Set-88 cards and 22 stickers. 5 cards per pack.
- Wrapper-Image extends around front of pack to side. On the back it says ” TOPPS CHEWING GUM, INC., DURYEA, PA. 18642. MADE AND PRINTED IN U.S.A.” Below that it reads “IN CANADA MADE AND DISTRIBUTED BY O-PEE-CHEE Co., LTD., LONDON, ONTARIO UNDER LICENSE WITH TOPPS CHEWING GUM, INC.” Ingredients listed.
- Backs- Printed in the USA present Episode card is from is in lower right corner, occasionally substituted with the words “Be sure to watch for the new ST full length motion picture. Card Number top left.
NZ Topps 76 Allens and Regina
- Set-72 cards, no sticker. 3 cards per pack.
- Wrapper-Made under license to Topps Chewing Gun, Inc. New York, USA. Small pink square in upper left of image. Says “Put discarded wrappers in rubbish bin. Be a tidy Kiwii”.
- Backs- SAME AS AUSTRALIAN SET.
Canadian Topps 76 O Pee Chee
- Same as US set except some collectors report that the O Pee Chee tends to have a rougher edge to the sides, possibly due to a duller cutter used on these sheets.
Australian Topps 76 Scanlens
- Set-72 cards, no stickers
- Wrapper-Sides of wrapper say “Made in Australia by Scanlens Sweets Pty, Ltd. Sydney”
- Backs-Printed in USA not there.
Episode card is from is in lower right corner occasionally substituted with the words “Be sure to watch for the new ST full length motion picture. Card number in lower right corner. # of 72. Bright yellow and blue colors. Slightly thinner card stock.